Today, the share of mobile devices running the Android operating system is 80%. The rest of the market is taken by iOS. Considering how rapidly the number of users using Internet banking and mobile payment systems from the phone is growing, it is not surprising that the number of viruses that are aimed at stealing confidential user data is growing, in order to gain access to their finances. These are the most dangerous viruses for Android from all existing ones, capable of resetting the account in a very short time, intercepting messages with transaction confirmation codes or access passwords to the online bank while stealing sms. Another type of financial virus specializes in the inconspicuous sending of SMS to paid numbers, emptying the balance of the owner of the phone.
Symptoms of a virus on your Android device
Spyware on Android is usually masked for an application or system service. Sophisticated viruses written by high-class professionals, their presence is almost no issue. Most often, their activities are opened when unauthorized access to user accounts is detected, i.e. already after the fact. Such viruses are even able to hide the statistics of traffic consumption from the system monitor.
Detecting a similar Trojan is only possible by a qualified user and using third-party traffic monitoring tools like the Network Connections scanner.
With the help of this application or the like it can be determined that a certain system service exchanges traffic with a remote server that is not taken into account by the system monitor and the fact that data exchange is bypassing the system accounting services is a good reason to suspect this service in spy activity.
The obvious signs of the virus on Android include:
- the appearance of unknown application icons or the appearance of new icons that can not be moved to another location on the device screen;
- When you connect your smartphone / tablet to the Internet, pop-up ads appear or the browser starts with an unsolicited page;
- unknown outgoing SMS messages, as well as the appearance of incomprehensible payment for outgoing sms in the account details from the mobile operator;
- a sharp fall in the performance of a smartphone or tablet, the day before running fast;
- suddenly the battery began to discharge quickly;
- blocking the screen of the device with a message of payment for the unlock;
- high consumption of Internet traffic, as well as a large discrepancy between the traffic consumption of the system monitor in Android and in the statistics of the mobile operator.
With the appearance of the above features, you can with 100% certainty that your gadget has podvatil virus. What to do in this case?
Check antivirus for Android
To date, all the major antivirus vendors are releasing their product for the Android operating system, which are available in the official Play Market directory. Here you can choose both free programs and paid versions with advanced functionality.
To install the antivirus and start scanning the device for malicious programs, open the Play Market and type the word “antivirus” in the search box.
A list of antivirus software will be displayed, sorted by popularity, starting with the most downloaded. For today it is a well-established free Dr.Web.Light, installed 100 million times. Click the ” Install ” button and wait until the process is complete.